Best Chewy Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Home baked chocolate chip cookies never tasted so good!
- Author: Patty
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 1 hour 14 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 190 g or 2 1/4 cups sifted flour (or 1.5 cups unsifted… BUT YOU MUST SIFT AFTER THIS MEASURE)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 227 g or 1 cup of room temperature butter (2 sticks) (or 2 1/2 sticks to make into browned butter)
- 150 g or 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 100 g or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 10 oz Guittard super cookie chips
- 6 oz Guittard dark chocolate chips
First make the brown butter:
- Brown the butter as directed in the video.
- Allow brown butter to chill covered in a bowl for 24 to 36 hours in the fridge.
Now make the cookies:
- Cream butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients.
- Mix on low until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop in equal quantity on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Freeze over night. This is non negotiable.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper
- Bake cookie balls from frozen for 10 – 12 total minutes.
- Allow baked cookies to rest on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before placing on cooling racks.
- If your cookies spread, follow the instructions in the video on how to to fix that.
Keywords: Best chewy brown butter chocolate chip cookies