Refreshing mint ice cream perfect scooped into a vintage sundae cup or in a copycat Shamrock Shake.
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream, cold
- 8 oz half and half (or or full fat milk), cold
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whip until well combined.
- Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining with parchment paper cover the bottom and the sides of the pan. A bread loaf pan also works for this.
- Pour the mixture into the prepare pan.
- Freeze at least 4 hours but over night is better.
It is important to allow the pan of ice cream to soften on the kitchen counter for 15 or 20 minutes before scooping. Otherwise it’s just too hard.
If using an ice cream churn, which I personally recommend, leaving your ice cream for 5 or 10 minutes before scooping will yield the best results.
Churning the ice cream mixture works air into the dairy and therefore makes it fluffier and creamier.You also get twice as much or more ice cream for your finished product using the churn as you will get just pouring the mixture into a tin to freeze.
Keywords: Mint Ice Cream