This frozen drink is more milkshake than cocktail. It’s perfect to share with kids and grownups alike. You can play around with which ice cream you use and how much sugar you add. Everything can be adjusted to taste.
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz hulled strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 oz ice cream (vanilla, strawberry, lemon or sherbet all work well)
- Squeeze the juice of a whole lime. Maybe a little more to get the full 1 oz.
- Hull the strawberries, and rough chop them.
- Place Lime juice, strawberries, sugar and ice cream in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into chilled glasses
- Garnish with whipped cream and sugar sprinkles. A cute straw makes it party perfect.
Play around with ice cream flavors to find the one you like best. I used my own lemon frozen yogurt. Vanilla is also a great choice! I used quite a bit of added sugar, because the lime juice and strawberries and lemon frozen yogurt were quite tangy. If you use a sweeter vanilla ice cream, you could cut down on the sugar.
I suggest making this to the recipe guidelines and then alter the added sugar to suit your personal tastes. I live in the south, and we like our sweet drinks to be sweet. Customize to your personal liking!
Keywords: non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri