Seriously moist chocolate cake made from a Betty Crocker cake mix.
- 15.25 ounce ( 432g) Betty Crocker Stuper Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla. **optional
- 1/8 cup Black Cocoa **optional
Recipe for homemade Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Prepare cake pans. I used 3 6″ pans and prepped with butter, cocoa, and parchment rounds.
- Set up stand mixer with paddle attachment. A hand mixer also works.
- Combine the wet ingredients together, including eggs and vanilla and mix on medium low until well combined.
- Turn off mixer and add dry ingredients.
- Run mixer on low until mixture just comes together, and then turn mixer to medium high and beat the batter for 2 straight minutes. Do not skip this step.
- Divide batter evenly in selected pans. I like 6″ pans so I put about 330 grams of batter into each pan.
- Smooth the tops with an offset spatula and then tap on counter to release bubbles.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 18 – 22 minutes, but check close to the 18 minutes mark to see how they look. Follow the package instructions if you bake in any other pan. Use the spring back method and look for the sides of the cake pulling away from the pan to judge doneness.
- Let cakes sit for 3-5 minutes when out of the oven.
- Tip them out and let them finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Frost as desired, but I recommend the Rasberry Buttercream featured in the pictures with this cake.
- I put dish towels on my kitchen rack so the cakes don’t get indentations in the surface.
- To get a sharp, level layer cake, I use a cake leveler and trim each cake once cooled to the same height.
- This beauty is frosted and decorated with Raspberry Buttercream which you can find by going here!
Keywords: moist chocolate cake