This chewy cookie spreads out when baked, so leave a little room on the baking sheet. There are no graham crackers in this recipe, so the cookie gets its campfire flavor from adding Butterscotch chips and mini marshmallows to the batter in addition to your favorite chocolate chip. There is heavy use of brown sugar in this cookie to give that chewy texture and caramelized flavor notes.
- 1 stick or 8 tbsp (115 grams) Butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 grams) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coffee liquor (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) Butterscotch Chips
- 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) Chocolate Chips (I used semi sweet, but use your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cup (65 grams) mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time. Incorporate well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and coffee liquor (liquor is optional). Mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt), and mix well in separate bowl.
- Turn off mixer and add dry ingredients to wet. Put mixer on slowest speed and mix until just combined.
- Turn off mixer and add chips and marshmallows. Put mixer on the slowest speed and mix until just combined.
- Drop in 1 tbsp mounds on prepped cookie sheet. (use parchment paper on the sheet to keep cookies from sticking and to make cleanup easier.)
- Bake freshly mixed dough for 12-15 minutes. If baking from frozen bake 17- 19 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
The Butterscotch chips combined with the marshmallows and extra brown sugar give this cookie it’s truly S’mores like taste. If you would like it even more s’mores like, place a few mini marshmallows on top of your baked cookie and toast with a kitchen torch. It will make it completely over the top, but is optional.
These cookies are EXTREMELY gooey. So, let them rest on the pan after baking for about 20 minutes. Then move them over to a wire rack to set up at least 30 minutes. Over night is best, but after letting them have that 50 minutes to set up, they will hold together. If you just can’t wait, and believe me, I understand, put the hot gooey cookie on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s amazing!!!
For best results in storage, stack them on top each other in a reusable plastic storage container placing sheets of parchment in between each cookie. The more humid it is, the more these cookies will stick.
For best results, scoop the cookie dough onto a pan and refrigerate for an hour, but overnight is best. Back them on a different pan lined with parchment that is room temperature.
Keywords: s'mores cookies