Sweet Potato Dog Treats are mixed with the same ingredients used in any human recipe. So go ahead and try them out. They are yummy
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp applesauce
- 1 cup canned organic sweet potatoes (not yams) or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- Generous squirt of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat the egg with the applesauce, canned sweet potatoes, and water.
- Squirt in the honey and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients, and gently mix until blended.
- Drop on parchment lined cookie sheets. These cookies don’t spread, so you can put them close together.
- Dip fork tines in flour and gently press the cookies flat, much like making peanut butter cookies.
- Bake 17-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before treating your dog so they don’t burn their mouths.
- Store in ziplock bags or another air tight container for up to 1 week.
Dogs love when you bake for them! I baked special treats for my doggy often and they were always his favorite thing. If you haven’t tried baking for your dog, then sweet potato dog treats are the perfect way to start.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Dog Treats Recipe