Any time of year, any season at all, it’s the right time for a bright, fresh Cheese Tortellini Salad. Make it your own with any combination of veg and dressings.
For the Cheese Tortellini Salad:
- 20 ounce package of cheese tortellini
- 1.5 cups of sliced cucumbers
- 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of Kalmata olives
- 2 ears of corn with corn cut off the cob
- 1.5 cups of fresh or roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup of red onion (optional)
- 8 oz package of frozen asparagus
- 12 oz package of fresh mozzarella balls marinated in oil
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I used the oil packed with the cheese)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive brine
- 2 large cloves of pressed garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Cook the asparagus according to package directions.
- Rough chop the vegetables into approximately even sized pieces.
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
- Consume within 5 days.
This recipe is easy to personalize. Use the veggies you like the best and season your dressing to your liking.
Keywords: Cheese Tortellini Salad