Cook a creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Velveeta recipe designed to be made in a pressure cooker. It cooks fast and all in one pot.
- 2 tbs butter
- 16 oz Pasta (shells or elbow)
- 2 1/2 cups Veggie Stock
- 1/2 to 1 cup Milk or Half and Half (add to your liking. Start with 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups Velveeta Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- Preheat the pressure cooker using the saute setting.
- Add the butter and stir in the dry pasta to coat.
- Pour in the veggie stock and lock the lid into place.
- Pressure cook on high for 2/3s the cook time stated on the pasta package.
- When cook time is complete, reduce the pressure using the quick release method. Carefully remove the lid.
- Immediately add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Replace the lid and allow mixture to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir.
- If mixture is too thick for your taste, add more stock 1/4 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add some fresh chopped parsley to garnish.
Notice I used the stock to cook the pasta as opposed to water. I thought it gave a heartier flavor that using plain water. You can use water or any kind of stock you prefer. I just happen to use veggie stock for everything. The 365 Brand stock from Whole Food has the lowest salt, but you can use whatever you prefer. However, stocks have widely ranging amounts of sodium, and I find it important to monitor sodium before deciding on my stock.
Dairy products are notorious for their uncanny ability to scald and burn in the Instant Pot, so once everything is melted, unplug the cooker so you cheese sauce doesn’t stick to the stainless inner pot.
Keywords: Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Velveeta