Lemon frozen yogurt will quickly become a favorite treat in your household. Use fresh squeezed lemon juice. It’s creamy and refreshing, and we love it all year long!
- 2 16 oz tubs of Chobani whole milk Greek Yogurt in the Honey flavor
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup lite corn syrup (optional)
- Pour the yogurt into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and corn syrup (if using) and whisk until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions.
- Serve prepared frozen yogurt once churned as is or with some freshly zested lemon on top.
- I suggest using the Chobani Honey yogurt, because I get the most delicious finished frozen yogurt from it. This is not sponsored in any way. I’m sharing my actual recipe for this dessert, and through trial and error have found this particular flavor and brand makes the best end result.
- I also suggest using the corn syrup. It is an old secret ingredient that keeps your frozen treats creamier. The tendency for any ice cream or frozen yogurt that uses fruit is for the finished dessert to go icy over time. Since we are not going for granita here, but something similar to ice cream, I prefer it creamier.
- Half the fun of cooking is experimenting and find out what YOU like best. So start here, try it and then adjust it according to your taste. As written, this is a favorite of my mom and me.
Keywords: Lemon Frozen Yogurt