Delicious semi homemade pumpkin hand pies
- 1 cup canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Package of Ready madePie Dough
- Butterscotch chips
- 1 egg
- Sparkling sugars for decoration
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin filling by combining canned pumpkin, spices, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Cut out pie dough in desired size and shape. I used cookie cutters.
- You will need TWO shapes for each hand pie. A top and a bottom
- Lightly brush bottom layer with water.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin filling onto bottom layer.
- Sprinkle on chips. 7 chips is a good amount.
- Lay second piece over top, and crimp all the way around with a fork.
- Brush lightly with egg wash.
- Cut vent on top.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Follow the baking instructions on the pie dough package that you are using.
- I used cookie cutters to cut my shapes, but you could use a glass or a mason jar lid. You could also cut out shapes for your pies if desired.
- These store well in a covered container on the counter top for several days.
- You could lightly reheat them with a microwave and add vanilla ice cream if desired.
Keywords: Pumpkin Hand Pies for Thanksgiving