A few choice add ins and we can elevate a 2nd grader’s favorite snack to a surprisingly delicious treat to be tucked into any grown up lunch box.
- 6 tbsp (86 grams) salted butter
- 15 oz (425 grams) Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups (175 grams) Frosted Rice Krispies
- 3 tbsp (50 grams) Sprinkles
- 3 ounces White Chocolate
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, on low or a medium low heat, slowly melt the butter.
- Add a full bag of mini marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir gently with a wooden spoon to coat the marshmallows with the butter. Keep the heat low, and stir frequently.
- Add the vanilla when the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the remaining marshmallows, the sprinkles and rice krispies.
- Turn out the mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Spread it gently. Not too thin, but not too thick. Don’t pack it too tight.
- Allow the rice krispies treats to set up for an hour or so, and then drizzle the melted white chocolate over top. Garnish with a few more colorful sprinkles.
Keywords: fancy rice krispie treats