Howto make cashew milk at home. It’s perfect for smoothies!
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews (roasted or raw)
- 2 Medjool Dates
- 6–8 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Soak the nuts overnight. When ready to make the milk, rinse the cashews in a colander.
- Measure one cup of soaked nuts and put into the blender.
- Add 1-2 PITTED medjool dates.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add 4 cups of water to the blender once the nuts and dates are in.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into jars. I bought my milk bottles in Michael’s. They hold a quart of milk.
- Repeat steps 2-6 in the process listed above. The one and a half cup of nuts will measure out to two cups of soaked nuts in the morning.
- This recipe will yield about 2 quarts and a pint of milk.
The first time I made this, I had a smaller blender so I had to split up the batch. With my Vitamix, I can make this in one batch. So if you have the larger blender put all the nuts and dates and 8-10 cups of water in. Blend until smooth.
Cashew milk needs to be used up rather quickly. Use your batch within the week so it doesn’t go bad. When you taste how delicious your smoothies are, it won’t be a problem finishing this quickly. And, of course, keep refrigerated.
Make sure to remove the pits before blending. If you forget, the deafening racket coming from the blender will remind you.
You will need a good blender for this recipe. If you are using an old Oster from the thrift store, you may need to strain your cashew milk before using.
Keywords: how to make cashew milk