Allow me to share with you an easy method to make box brownies better.
- 1 box of Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownie Mix (affiliate link)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (affiliate link)
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder (affiliate link)
- 1/8 cup black cocoa (optional) (affiliate link)
- 1 cup or 7 ounces chocolate chips (affiliate link)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Prepare 8×8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together and mix well. This can be done on either a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a balloon whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake according to the box directions, or in my case an 8×8 metal pan bakes for 39-43 minutes. Brownies should be slightly underbaked.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then lift out by the over hang of paper to a plate or cutting board to finish cooling.
Fresh baked brownies will appear underbaked but cool to doneness.
Keywords: make boxed brownies better